Sunday 28 August 2011

Real Time Strategy Games


RTS


RTS games are unlike any game instead of controlling one character you control a whole army, because the scale of the game play the camera is placed at the to top to see all of the action more clearly. The main formula for these types of games for example "StarCraft" which is one of the most popular RTS games makes you perform these certain tasks in layers. 
Firstly gather minerals then build more buildings to make a bigger army. This is the basic consensus of RTS's, but they have many different elements which makes it exciting to watch. Players can use their  own skill and knowledge of the game to their advantage like harassment and build orders. The other player needs to counter everything that their opponent is doing which makes it enjoyable to watch which is why StarCraft is considered an e-Sport.                     

Single player mainly plays an important part in RTS's since it makes the Universe interesting and it develops insight into the different races and what their motivations are. 


My personal favourite RTS is an old game called Command And Conquer Red Alert 2. This was a incredibly fun game with 3 different campaigns, varied units, fully featured skirmish mode and innovative cut scenes with real actors talking to the player like in the first game. Action RTS's like Dawn Of War 2 or Company of hero's I'll talk about later since they look like a whole entire breed of RTS. Future more I know that there are much more excellent RTS's out there and I'll get round to them when I can. 

Here's a guide on the basics of an RTS, commentated by "Husky" excuse the annoying voice.                                                                                        

28 comments:

Allebanna said...

huh... i never knew there was a term for it. I've never played this type of game before.. i feel it would be to complicated for me to understand.
thanks for the info +follow

Mark said...

I love RTS games like the original Warcraft games, and the Command and Conquer games, but I really need to admit I'm not much of a strategist lol.

D22 Zone said...

Love this blog post! A really interesting read! Followed!

ibi phantom idi said...

love this post also games are awesome

Damon said...

great post
i like your blog (:
+follow

odis9000 said...

i love this game type, always has something good in it.

DWei said...

C&C was amazing before EA got their filthy hands on it.

I weep when I think what C&C could have been.

Dragmire said...

I have honestly never played a real time strategy game. I might check out StarCraft.

M Fawful said...

I love RTS games. Never really tried starcraft though. I'm all about the Age of Empire games. :D

Mr.D said...

i'm hit and miss on rts'

Fran said...

This post require more vespene gas!
great blog!

Unknown said...

Never played Red alert. But I do like Starcraft though

Publius said...

Set in Detriot, eh? Should be a shitshow of a game then! lol nice review. +followed

AyJim said...

think i'd use the pro circuit strategy eh

kelly slater said...

good post, nicee

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJNOVVY said...

fail game...

Anonymous said...

Played the game --- its just like mass effect II with a different story and some different gadgets

Aresius said...

I've just bought SC2 and i'm a big day9 fan. You all should see his dailies!!

MrJoseph said...

Yea, Day9 is an excellent commentator and his dailies are amazing.

AgusFan said...

Wow! great graphics, I love these games

Mike said...

Off to buy Starcraft 2.

This is gonna be so awesome.

Oh, by the way, nice blog. +Followed

STRAFOR said...

Best genre imo.

techlifewire said...

I love RTS.

Anonymous said...

nice infomation,I like command and conquer 1 personally

Anthony Hopper said...

I love RTS games.

flash banner ad said...

Great post this is thanks for sharing this with us as this is the first one that i read such kind of great blog . Always get some very helpful stuff from you.

umaroy said...

This site is my fevriet.So looking here please online multiplayer games free.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons